Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Healthy Pancakes

Earlier today I was talking on the telephone discussing healthy food, pancakes in particular. Something that I love to do when making pancake batter is to throw in a tablespoon or two of bran ( sometimes I will use oats, gluten, etc. Really whatever I have on hand). If you don't use too much it won't the change consistency or flavor, but you will sure boost the health content of your flap jacks :-)). I would only experiment with one extra item at a time to ensure you do not ruin the entire batch.

I like Bob's Red Mill. Maybe just because he has a store and restaurant, so you can shop around and then enjoy a seriously healthy breakfast, or maybe because I remember seeing the old mill with the big grindstone!

I store my bran in the freezer and it keeps forever.

No comments:

Private Lakefront Cabins

 Want a cabin on a lake? These are not easy to find especially here out West. One great secret.... there are still a few private cabins on C...